Friday, January 1, 2010

the old is gone, the new has come..

2009 went away last night. I heard the glitter opening up in the sky.Only it was distant. But I could feel it evaporating into darkness until the last bit. It was the broken disc, the torn garment that glared through. I wake up to a new year--where the traces of last night has been cleared and cleaned. 2010 is an important year for me. It is the year when I will be saying "I do" to the most wonderful man. That someone I will be spending endless evenings sipping tea in the balcony, learn to ski and skate, eat Thai street food and Sushi.


The one who will not let me get fat but get fatter himself, he who watches TV snuggled up in the orange sofa like it's the last day of TVdom, the one that who says, "I live for your happiness" and means it. The one I will have difficulty living with (esp. with the fan swirling over the head even when the room is conditioned to be 17 degree C) but certainty cannot live without. 2010--a year we will look back at constantly and I know, it'll make us happy. May our Almighty God bless us and our plans. I leave my favorite verse and this is the theme of our year to come:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and he will make your paths straight". proverbs 3:5

No comments: