Wednesday, August 15, 2007

She is 60 and glowing!


India is celebrating her 60th year of Independence today. A day to rejoice, a day to retrospect, a day to pay respects to the many souls who sacrificed much for this land.

India is a wonderful nation. I love the culture and I truly admire the fact that in a fast-changing world, she has still not forgotten her roots. A lot about India has changed in the past 60 years, but there is still something called "Indian"--the essence remains the same.

I like India because Indians feel proud to be Indians and whenever they are they do not forget where they belong.

Today the world recognizes her, and garlands her with flowers. I pray India outshines the world!

And I hope that by the time she celebrates her 61st Independence Day, I will have learned Telugu, and be educating those children out there in those villages and make her proud of me.

A very happy Independence Day India!

No comments: